Monday, June 18, 2007

SgtDub Visits Tractor Supply and Sonic

Well, since SgtDub isn't going to post about his adventures this week, I guess it's up to me to do it. We headed out on Monday morning with the camcorder in hand. Our first stop was at Sonic for a 32 oz. cherry vanilla coke. From there, we headed over to the new Tractor Supply store. I think I really embarrassed SgtDub and MissDub because I was video taping everything they did. SgtDub stopped to browse the gloves when one of the employees (Sonny) came up to see if he needed anything. Dub said he was "just looking" and I jumped in and said "he's been in Afghanistan for the past year" and with that, the guy shook his hand and thanked him for his service. They chatted a few minutes and I commented that he should get an application while he was there, and the guy said "yeah - I'd love to have you on my team". I said heck, maybe I should get one too, and he then grabbed two job applications for us. SgtDub and Sonny chatted a few more minutes and they shook hands again and then Sonny grabbed him and hugged him. It was hilarious, but awesome, and I believe it made SgtDub's day (although he wouldn't tell you that). We ran around all week looking at tractors (I think the only thing we have to pick is the color, because they all look alike to me) Blue, Orange or Green. We ate at Sonic several times this week, and I'm sick and tired of it. We've had an awesome week and managed to do a lot of fun things (actually ordinary things that we used to take for granted). We had family over on Saturday night to celebrate Nana & Papa's birthdays. SgtDub got a new gas grill for Father's Day, so he fired it up and cooked some steaks (yum yum). After everyone left, we pulled out the video tapes from the last year and started catching up. SgtDub got to see the video tape from the Veteran's Day ceremony at MissDub's school. She participated in the ceremony by reading a poem. It was really nice, and like the first time, I cried again. We went to church on Sunday. All the dads were given a key chain tape measure and then at the end of the service, the Preacher pointed out that Dean was back and had him stand up. Everyone applauded and he got several handshakes and thank yous as we left. I was very proud to be standing next to him! I'm heading back to work today, but only after we deliver MissDub to the church for camp (woo hoo!) SgtDub and I will be all alone this week . . . what should we do? Another exciting event this week . . . SgtDub was interviewed by the Mustang News. Maybe there will be a story soon!

5 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Well now I got to tell you that Sonny and the Preacher Made My Day, real Americans understand what a soldier does and gives thanks to them, Have a good week, oh by the way, I cried also......

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well thanks honey for the update, we figured dub was home and just didn't like us any more. ha ha...

good things happening there for sure.

smiles, bee

Sandee said...

You two are alone this week and you are asking what you should do. Hello, he's been gone a long time. Did you forget what you used to do when you were childfree for a few days. I think one or the both of you will figure this out. Thanks for the update. :)

JustMeShann said...

Glad you are having such a great time and making memories :o) Have a great week

Desert Songbird said...

Sounds like a great, great week. My eyes teared up when you mentioned Sonny and what happened at church, too. I thanked a lot of military personnel while I was on vacation since San Diego is a Navy town.

Tell your hubby that we need to see photos of some of those steaks on that new grill!