Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sgt Dub is finally home!

Wonderful news! SgtDub arrived in OKC a little after 6:00 a.m. today. He was scheduled to arrive at 7:10 a.m., but believe it or not, his flight arrived 45 minutes early. MissDub and I arrived at the airport a little before 7:00 and noticed there were a bunch of soldiers standing around. We topped the stairs at baggage claim and there they were! I was so bummed out that we didn't get to greet him at the gate, but it was great anyway. As soon as I spotted him, I ran and hurdled a couple of duffel bags and jumped into his arms (yippee!) Talk about a great day! We had some friends from church present and Nana & Papa and Papa Phil and Aunt Susie. Everyone hugged and kissed and cried. It is so wonderful to look around and see the smiles on every ones face. There were some people standing in the background holding signs that said "Thank You Soldiers". Wow, that's pretty cool! We went to eat breakfast before coming home. SgtDub's been awake for the last 24 hours, so he was fading fast. He barely made it in the house before he collapsed on the bed (poor baby). He just got up after a 4 hour nap and I made him hot dogs with chili. I'll regret that decision later. How wonderful it is to have him sitting here with me. I'm signing off for now . . . Dub wants to update his blog. Be safe and have a great day!

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wonderful news! the best there is! and honey? you are right, you will regret the hot dogs and chili but guess what? he'll be off with miss. dub! ha ha

smiles, bee

The Gamin said...

Finally, finally. You guys just enjoy each other for a while. God bless.

Sarge Charlie said...

I am have tears of happiness for you and your soldier, enjoy the moment.

Callie Ann said...

I am so glad for you that you are all together now. I want to thank you so much for doing your part in helping to protect our country and the fight against all the bad people. Your whole family are heros to me. Hope we keep seeing you around blogland and you don't just fade off into the sunset. Have you decided what your doing for vacation yet?

Sarge Charlie said...

good morning mrs dub, have a wonderful day......

Sandee said...

Thanks for sharing Sgt. Dubs homecoming. I just knew you would keep us up on the great news. I'm still doing the happy dance. :)

Sarge Charlie said...

we need news, what's up

Desert Songbird said...

I got all teary-eyed reading your post. I'm thrilled for you that your hubby is home.

Thank you for your sacrifice. Your blogging friends are so very grateful.

katherine. said...

I'm very happy for you and your family....and I thank you as well.