Monday, June 25, 2007

The Honeymoons over

Just ask my family and they will tell you that the honeymoon is over! Our first week together was great! I was off work and we were all together enjoying being a family. The second week, MissDub was gone to camp, and Dub and I had had plenty of couple time (which was awesome). Now it's the beginning of week #3 and I'm back at work and SgtDub and MissDub are home together, which puts me in a really BAD mood! I want to be home too! It doesn't take much to put me in a bad mood, and when I make up my mind to be that way, there's little you can do to change it. The best thing to do is stay out of my way and as SgtDub would say "yes Dear". He refuses to fight back and that drives me insane! I haven't cleaned house since SgtDub returned, and that's bugging me too. I try to tell myself that it's only dust and dirt and nobody cares if my house is clean (nobody but ME!) Poor Dub and MissDub - they put up with me and all my ranting, raving and complaining. I hate myself when I get in a mood like this, but I don't know what to do to get over it. All I want to do is bury my head in the sand, and I'm sure everyone around me feels the exact same way! We watched several movies this weekend, which were pretty good (1) MissPotter (really good family film), (2) Pan's Lambrinth (weird and violent), (3) Happy Feet (boring), and (4) Flicka (fair to midland). Tonight we're watching "The Queen". We ate out a bunch last week, so this week will hopefully be dinner at home. We're settling into our routine (i.e. me being cranky and demanding). I'm sure Afghanistan is looking pretty good to Dub right about now. He's asking himself "why did I come home?"

Hopefully my next post will be much brighter - until then, I'm burying my head in the sand!

7 comments:

MrsFierceShoes said...

Sounds like life is 'back to normal...' LOL! Sometimes ordinary life is the best.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there... you will soon be back into the fmaily routine...HUGS!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it is the normal letdown after all the anticipation. it happens to every family with a returning soldier. the buildup then the arrival then the reunion then the return to normal, except no one talks about the letdown. it is very real. it will pass i promise but don't beat yourself up over it. you are totally normal to feel this honey. i promise...

smiles, bee

katherine. said...

I hereby bestow upon you the honor of the Rockin’ Girl Blogger.

I so enjoy what you write.

here ya go

Sandee said...

Snap out of it Mrs. Dub. Everything will be fine. You can't expect to be on the high forever. Darn! Relax, you have your home and a wonderful family. You are both employed. There are many out there that have nothing or no one. Have a great day and enjoy your wonderful family. :)

Wade Huntsinger said...

Nothing better than normal. Can you tell Officer Dub to call me. Today is Wednesday and we are on OK City getting some repairs done. I thought it would be awesome to talk or meet the family we have been praying and talking to all this time. Time will permist one day. Call 704-308-0404 or email me dubs number,
Thanks MRS DUB for all you have had to go through during his service....

Ron Simpson said...

He came home to you because, even when you are cranky, he loves you.
anybody that reads his blog knows that.