Friday, June 15, 2007

Life Is Good!

Wow, where does the time go? I feel like I blinked and the week is gone. I'm so glad I've taken off work this week - we've had so much fun being together. We haven't done anything exciting, but have enjoyed just being a family. It's a shame that it takes being apart for 15 months to appreciate what you have. SgtDub did a pretty good job of summarizing our week. I haven't had to feed the horses all week and it feels really weird. I keep feeling like I've forgotten to do something, and I guess I miss going out there every morning. In fact, I've been sleeping in and I feel like I'm wasting time that I should be doing something productive. I don't think I've nagged SgtDub (yet) -- I have picked up and taken things back to "his" room. Three of the footlockers arrived before he got home, and I parked them in the guest bedroom. He carried home 2 ruck sacks, a huge black bag and his backpack. It amazed me that he could carry that much stuff, but he did. Those bags got dropped in the garage and haven't come inside yet. I've asked him several times to bring them in the house so people wouldn't think that I made him leave them in the garage. He has his little piles of paper laying around everywhere. That used to drive me insane, but now it's a good thing to know he's home. Ask me in a month, and I'll probably be biting my lip and saying it doesn't bother me. We've been tractor shopping all week and it's so funny to see SgtDub drooling. We've also been truck shopping. We're trying to decide which one he wants/needs more. I guess he can always drive his tractor to town if he has to. We still have his 1994 GMC truck that runs, but is not in the best shape. The driver's side seat is broken, the window doesn't roll down, the windshield wiper motor works on sunny days only, and the muffler is rusted out. He says if we would invest about $500 we could get it back to decent condition. I've caught him several times just sitting on the back porch starring out and saying "there's so much to do". It's overwhelming and it's depressing because it all takes money. Although we did a pretty good job of paying off debt while he was gone, we didn't do so well about savings (bummer), but we'll make the best of what we have. It may take time and patience, but we'll get it done. He's started growing out his mustache and will soon have his "Larry the Cable Guy" goatee (snicker!) I love it when he grows it out, but I'm so sad when he shaves it off to go back to work. I will try to post again tomorrow and tell you the Tractor Supply story -- unless Dub decides to do it himself. Having a great time in Oklahoma . . . be safe and have a great day (we are!) Miss Dub says "hi"

4 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Just hanging out and being together is NOT doing nothing, and you're NOT being lazy! You are basking in the glow of having your husband home, safe and sound, and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Absolutely NOTHING. I say more relaxing and basking!

Sandee said...

Wow, what a nice post about being together again. I am so happy that all is well and Sgt. Dub is back home. I'm still doing the happy dance. Bless you all. :)

Wade Huntsinger said...

Nice....You need to make a list and have a July 4th work/fun day. I am serious, if we can get any where close we want to stop and say hello and meet you guys. Tell DUB I am looking for an old truck to use around the barn. Enjoy your time, YOU DESERVE IT....

MrsDub said...

Great idea - we could have an old fashioned "barn raising" he he! No telling what it would look like, but it would be fun!