Thursday, June 7, 2007

SgtDub Update

SgtDub arrived at Fort Carson, Colorado on Tuesday, and is doing fine. They have him going through all the paperwork and medical exams necessary to release him from active duty. He had a hearing test yesterday that revealed his hearing has gotten a lot worse, and he will need to follow up with the VA to see about a disability rating. I hope they will pay for him to have a hearing aid, so he'll be sure to hear everything I have to say. I'm sure he will disagree and say he hears perfectly clear - he just chooses to tune me out. He hasn't had access to the internet because there is only one connection for all the soldiers, and his personal laptop was stollen in transit. When he first arrived at Fort Carson, they were told they would probably be home by Friday or Saturday and that we could pick him up at the airport. That plan changed the next day and they were told they wouldn't be home until Sunday and that we would have to pick him up at the armory. Apparently they were told they couldn't get a flight out on Saturday. I guess they've never heard of using those military airplanes that are sitting around. This is so typical of the military. They just have to mess with your mind and tease you. They've had total control of him for the past 15 months, and they can't even streamline the process to get them home. Oh well, enough about that, I'm just relieved he made it back safe and will be home by Sunday. This will be my last weekend without him, and by we can resume our lives. I've always said that deployment is like pushing the "pause" button on your life. You must go on with your day-to-day routines, but you don't want to make any changes or do anything major without your partner. MissDub and I haven't taken any trips or gone anywhere together because I feel guilty doing things like that without Dub. Now that he's home, we'll be able to get on with living and hopefully making lots of happy memories as a family. We spent many years saying "some day we'll do that" and now that "some day" is now! Thanks again to everyone for your prayers and support these past 15 months. We hope to be able to get together with everyone soon.

9 comments:

JustMeShann said...

You make me smile! Happy Someday! You all deserve it and I appreciate and thank you for putting your life on pause for my freedoms! God Bless,Shann

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh honey i cannot wait until he is back in your loving arms. i have tears running down my cheeks. this is grand news. thanks for the update!

smiles, bee

Sarge Charlie said...

This is bringing back all the old feelings Miss Bee and I had, I know what he is feeling and she knows what you feel. Take that trip, do something fun, and we will be loving every minute of it

Anonymous said...

Someday is definitely coming soon!

WOO HOO!

Enjoy! My mom used to comment on dad's apparent hearing problem - It wasn't a hearing problem; it was a "listening" problem. LOL

Hugs and prayers for a joyful family reuinion! :-D)

Callie Ann said...

I just heard on the news here in Oregon that they are holding them the extra four days because someone from another state went out and did something in the town so they are punishing all of them. It's so stupid. frustrating. I am pissed that someone stole his computer what a bunch of asses. Hope an illegal alien didn't get to close to him Gads. those B..tards. I am so glad your somedays are here.

Linda said...

As much as this sounds like "situation normal" for the military, I am very relieved to hear that Sgt Dub is back on home ground and will be enroute to Oklahoma soon. I can only imagine how anxious you're getting to have your man back and your life returned to whatever passes for normal!

I'm sure that the three of you are going to have a lot of catching up to do so don't worry about those of us in the Blogosphere - we'll be here patiently waiting and understanding every minute of it!

On another note - that just pisses me off to no end that someone stole his laptop. Sigh ... it takes all kinds in all walks of society and there truly is "no honor amongst thieves".

God bless all three of you and thank you for your service to our country!

Ron Simpson said...

at least they are going to fly him in. I heard some guys are getting bussed back here from Ft Carson.

Debbie said...

Congratulations! So happy for you. Sorry about the laptop- I'm sure they'll try to find a way to charge him for his own missing computer ;) I can only imagine your anxiety. Prayers for you continue!

Travis Cody said...

Patience for a few more days.

I'm so happy for all three of you. Thanks again to Dub for his service and to you and Miss Dub for your sacrifice.