Friday, June 8, 2007

1 Day and a Wake Up!

SgtDub spent all day yesterday in briefings about how to communicate with your spouse, suicide prevention and driver safety. I guess they thought they forgot how to drive while they've been gone. As of Friday afternoon, he should be arriving at Will Rogers Airport on Sunday (June 10th) around Noon. I will post flight info when it becomes available. Everyone is welcome to join us at the airport and help welcome our soldiers home. There will be approximately 60 other soldiers, so it should be a real "joyfest"! As it stands right now, SgtDub and MissDub will be attending a performance of "Wicked" on Sunday night. I had only purchased two tickets because we were not expecting Dub to be home yet. The show is sold out and there are no more tickets to be found. So, I guess they will get Daddy/Daughter date night and I'll get to stay home and pout. Oh well, MissDub will be gone for an entire week at camp, and I'll get him all to myself (woo hoo!) We'll be meeting for dinner at Cattlemen's Steakhouse at 6:00 pm on Monday night. Everyone is welcome to join us, but let me know because we're making reservations. We've decided to take our family vacation in July and will be going to Durango, Colorado. I promise that we will blog as soon as he gets situated. And finally, I emailed our local newspaper to let them know he was coming home, and they're coming out on Wednesday to do a story on him (yippee!!) I believe a trip to Tractor Supply will be at the top of the list following that big juicy steak from Cattlemens! More later . . .

7 comments:

MrsFierceShoes said...

YEAH!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! Put Dub to work right away, I say! Wish I could be there for the homecoming but it's a little far from Arizona. Best wishes and again, I am SO happy for you! Give him a big ol' bear hug from all the bloggers in bloggerland!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oboy1 a play, a tractor store, a steak, a vacation! yup, that about covers it! i am so happy for you honey. just so happy...

smiles, bee

Ruth W. said...

I have followed sgtdub blog for some time now. Believe it or not, he is the only person I have become to know to serve overseas. As you can tell, I don't know many friends and have no famiy, but I have gotten to really love your family.

I am so happy your family is coming back together, it will be a glorious day.

I thank you all for what you have done for the freedom we all know and love here. God bless you all.

Just wish I could be there for the celebration.

Debbie said...

Can't be there in person- but I'll still "be" there. I love your family!

Desert Songbird said...

Wish I could be there celebrating with y'all, but I'll be there in spirit. I'm getting teary-eyed again just thinking about it.

Yippee!!!!

Linda said...

I wish Connecticut wasn't so darned far from Oklahoma, I'd love to have been at the airport for that homecoming but I'll just have to be there in spirit instead along with everyone else who's lives your Sgt has touched.

My family went on vacation to Durango years and years ago. If it's anywhere near as beautiful now as it was then, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Best wishes to all of you!

Callie Ann said...

I am glad they teach them how to communicate with there wives. but some of these younger wives they need to do that to them ya know the 20 year old mom's. I have met so many young men lately that they went to serve there country and the wife decided to leave them and she took the kids with them. It is so sad that these women just give up like that. so sad. I am glad you guys do have a wonderful marriage. I really hope he doesn't go over again. He has served it is time to stay home and raise his daughter and make his wife oh so happy. I am so happy for you!