Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Things that go Boom!

A term I don't wish to hear again . . . SgtDub started my day with a phone call to let me know about a car bombing that happened outside the gate at the camp where he is stationed. Definitely not the way to start the day (or end it). SgtDub and all the soldiers are safe and no one was injured (Thank Goodness!) I'll leave it up to SgtDub to give a description (if possible) of what actually occurred. He's learned from past experience that I do NOT wish to get my news from the television. We've had issues in the past with the police department when I would see breaking news of a shooting or police chase or something big and I would start trying to call him, and get no answer. The problem being he's on the scene and unable to call. I've now got him trained at the first sight of a news team to pick up the phone and call to say it's not him. That's all I need to know. So, on to lesser news . . . Day 5 of the winter blast and we're still here. School was cancelled today and is already cancelled for tomorrow. The highways are clear, but the problem comes in getting there. I stayed home from work again today - I never thought I would miss work, but I do. Why don't we get "heat days" in the summer, say when the temp reaches 90 degrees, we all stay home -- at least we could go outside and have some fun. I'm happy to report that MissDub has finally finished cleaning her room and it looks and smells so much better! We'll see how long it takes her to trash it again. She wants to re-do her bedroom when Daddy gets home, so I've told her that if she keeps it clean, we will proceed with the room make-over. My alternative is to let her grab one change of clothes and her toothbrush and then I'm putting a pad lock on the door. She can just wash her clothes every night and wear the same thing over and over. I think she finally realized that I was serious and not going to back down. Although I did end up helping her last night. I told her that she could just pay me $10 an hour to do it. She jumped right on that (she's obviously getting too much allowance), but I told her to keep her money. So, at the current time, we all have clean and organized rooms - at least until June. I'm really trying to loosen up and not worry so much about what the house looks like. In my younger days, I would clean every Thursday night (whether it needed it or not), now I'm lucky if I clean every 3 months. Before long, I won't even care, but by then MissDub will be old enough that I can make her do it for me. Maybe tomorrow I will tell the "Cheesey Italian Turkey Hash" story. Til then, be safe and warm :)

4 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Lots of people worry about Sgt Dub, none more than you. This has to be tough......

Wade Huntsinger said...

Ditto

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

me too

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Mrs. Dub my entire family is praying for the safety of our troops overseas but tonight I'm praying for the families of these troops. Praying for God to give y'all strength.

I'm so thankful that we, in Tennessee, didn't get any of that nasty stuff y'all got. It will get warmer and soon.