Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Time To Make The Donuts . . .

Life in our household is officially back to normal. SgtDub was up and at em by 5:45 a.m. this morning. It reminds me of the Duncan Donuts commercial where the baker gets up at the crack of dawn and says "it's time to make the donuts". He was really cranky yesterday, and apparently not very excited about returning to work, and I can't say that I blame him. In a perfect world, money would not be an issue, and we could both stay home and play. Maybe if we were willing to sell everything we own and live in a tent, we could do it now, but I'm not quite ready to make that sacrifice. We had a very relaxing evening. SgtDub had dinner ready when I got home, and it was quite tasty (hamburgers). After dinner, we spent time on the Internet searching for hotels for our vacation, and then sat on the back porch watching the storms roll in. There was thunder, lightening, rain, hail, more rain, more thunder and on and on all night long. I'd like to say that I slept well listening to the rain, but it wasn't like that at all. Between SgtDub snoring and the thunder, I don't feel like I got any sleep at all. Maybe tonight will be better. MissDub went to see the orthodontist today and came out with black and blue bands. Back when I wore braces, we didn't get to choose colors. I had a "tin grin" and it was extremely painful when they tightened and re-wired my mouth. She never appears to be in any pain afterwords, which is a good thing. Hopefully she will get the braces removed in March, and she will have a beautiful smile to match her beautiful face. Not much else to report around here. Bella (the goat) hasn't had any babies yet. She looks like she's about to explode, but so do I! Hopefully we will have some baby goats very soon, and we'll have even more mouths to feed. I will encourage Dub to post about his first day back on the job, and who knows, maybe he'll have some good stories to share. Be safe and have a good day!

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hey honey ask dub if he has any connections in southern virginia, sarge got yet another ticket! sigh...ha ha ha ha

hope his day is grand and yours is better.

smile, bee

Sarge Charlie said...

and life becomes normal again, thank you for what you and your family did for us.......

Linda said...

Now that life is back to normal for the Dub household (yay!), I thought you might enjoy joining in on a meme so you have been tagged over on my blog!