Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How to Make Me Happy . . .

Just ask SgtDub, because yesterday he made me very happy! When I left for work on Tuesday, our house was a wreck. As usual, we bit off more than we could chew and have projects out the wazoo. SgtDub was working on the bathroom and converting the closet into DVD storage when he was pulled off to work at Grandma's house. She moved to an assisted living center, and now our family is cleaning out her house and getting ready for an estate sale. Our Grandpa was a carpenter and had a garage full of tools and equipment. SgtDub brought home several of his saws and I brought home the dining room table with 6 chairs, dresser and desk. Needless to say, our garage was full to the brim. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived home yesterday and found the garage was clear enough for me to park inside. I quickly noticed that the laundry was being done, the DVDs were in the new closet, the bathroom was painted, one wall had been covered in grass cloth, the new light fixture was installed AND he built a new stand for the fan in our bedroom. All that in one day!! Can you believe it? He is SUPERMAN! See honey, I don't just blog when I'm mad. MissDub did good too -- she helped him with all the projects and she did the DVD inventory. She put together an excel spreadsheet listing the movie title and rating. You know you have too many DVDs when you have to have a spreadsheet to keep track of them. And get this, we just signed up for unlimited Blockbuster rentals by mail. We have over 200 DVDs and we are paying to rent movies! I need to back up a minute and tell you our paint story. We stopped at Lowes on Sunday to get supplies. We always like to check the paint section where they keep the "mistints". We lucked out and found a gallon that I thought would work in the bathroom. It was marked $5.00, so we said "what the heck, for $5.00 it can't hurt to try it". Well, when we got to the register to pay, the clerk hands us a rebate by mail and says we'll get $5.00 off the paint! I'm not very good at math, but I believe that would mean FREE PAINT!!! We went back the next day and found 4 gallons of exterior house paint (enough to trim) AND it was FREE (after rebate). He he, we just love a good deal, and we got really lucky. We tried again last night, but didn't find anything. Better to stop while we're ahead. So now, SgtDub can add painting the house to his list of things to do.

5 comments:

Wade Huntsinger said...

He better stop because he is making the rest of us look bad.

BAD DUB

Amazing Gracie said...

Wow! After the past couple of years, you must feel as though you've won the lottery!!! I'm so glad things are running so smoothly for you all. Now, can I borrow him for a week or two?
Ha, ha, ha....I already know the answer to that one.

Sarge Charlie said...

come on sarge, slow down, you are spoiling it for everyone.........

oh you been gone a spell, maybe you just got more to do than some of us.

The Sandersons said...

came across this blog randomly when i was google-ing about my own.

i go by mrs. dub on my blog, and my adorable baby is known as miss dub.

pretty eerie.

Rock Solid said...

I consider you Superwoman...
What a lady...you're SGT's perfect mate...