Friday, July 6, 2007

It's been a busy week!

Day 7 and we are making progress on the bathroom. SgtDub tried his hand at plumbing and after 2 very frustrating days, decided to hire a plumber who came today and saved the day. Our 4th of July was good and bad -- good in that we were all together, but bad in that my parents' dog (Jazzy) decided to run away when the fireworks scared her. We realized she was missing around 7pm and all began frantically searching for her. Our neighbors even pitched in to help. By dark, we had decided there was nothing more we could do, so SgtDub and MissDub put on their fireworks spectacular (NOT!) Man, what a disappointment! They spent $60 on fireworks and none of them were anything fancy. We had planned to have a big cookout at our house, but we had to cancel that due to all the rain. We could have played mud volleyball. I'm happy to report that Jazzy was apprehended about 3 miles from our house and returned safely. A very kind gentleman found her running along the highway and stopped to get her. We are so thankful that she was found safe. Dub's scheduled to return to work on Tuesday, and I'm a little nervous about that. Not that I doubt his ability as a police officer, but I worry about all the crazy people he has to deal with. Hopefully, they will go easy on him for a while and let him get reaquainted with the job. I can't imagine walking away from my job for 15 months and then coming back and remembering how to do everything. I've taken off work the last few days and have been home supervising the "project". I feel bad now that I got him started on a project that is obviously going to take a lot of time and money. I should have waited until he was better settled. I'm sorry SgtDub if you're reading this! Oh, one more thing I forgot to tell you about the fireworks spectacular . . . the first roman candle that they set off was upside down and it fired directly into the yard! It was hilarious and I got the whole thing on tape (he he). I will try to post again soon. Dub decided to download something to speed up our internet service and it apparently had the opposite effect . . . now we have none! Having to post from Nana's house. So if you're wondering why the family isn't posting on a regular basis, that's why. Also, if you're keeping up with MissDub's site - we still don't have any baby goats.

4 comments:

Wade Huntsinger said...

Last time through we saw some of those crazy people. We will continue to pray for his safety. Look forward to meeting you one day and good luck on improvement. I must say that i am glad it is not me He He

Wade Huntsinger said...

Last time through we saw some of those crazy people. We will continue to pray for his safety. Look forward to meeting you one day and good luck on improvement. I must say that i am glad it is not me He He

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

thanks for the update. we all want to hear what is going on in dub central!

smiles, bee

Unknown said...

my dog runs away every time we have a thunderstorm. i've started just letting her stay inside whenever i know she'll be scared! =)