Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Girls Day Out"

I've started working "flex time" at my job, and now have one day off each week. My new hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., which makes for a long day, but after having had my first day off yesterday, it's well worth it! MissDub and I went to breakfast at McDonald's and then ran some errands on our way to town. The whole purpose of the flex work schedule is to save money on gas, but we came to town anyway. We arrived at Glamour Shots around 10:45 a.m. and underwent extensive hair and make up preparation. It's amazing what those folks can do with a little putty and glue. I really need to get one of those airbrush make up machines for home. I could just spray on the concealer and hit the road, and hope that no bugs get stuck to my face on the way to work. Our photograher was a young man (about 20 something). He was very polite, but kept asking me to get into some rather strange positions -- I felt like it was yoga class instead of a portrait sitting. Whatever happened to just sitting on a barstool and smiling with your head tilted in a goofy direction? This guy had me squatting (in a dress), sitting on the floor, cranking my neck in positions it shouldn't be in (which by the way, creates numerous chins) and basically looking like a goober. He did an outstanding job with MissDub, and I had a hard time picking out any bad shots. I didn't however have any trouble eliminating my bad shots. The entire process took about 2 1/2 hours and cost way too much money! I hope SgtDub will be pleased with the finished portraits. We won't be able to post any of the pictures due to the copyright laws, but keep your eyes peeled next time you're in line at the grocery store -- you never know when MissDub might be on the cover of "Seventeen" magazine!

2 comments:

Wade Huntsinger said...

Well TC and i just loved her. If you guys ever get tired of her we will take her. she is a sweet person and i know y'all are very proud of her.

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Both of you are pretty good, and I miss you both. Just think, only 20 more weeks, yipee!