Monday, April 2, 2007

Would the Real "SgtDub" Please Step Forward . . .




Introducing the real "SgtDub" - yes, this is what started it all! Prior to SgtDub's first deployment to Afghanistan, our family spent the last days together shopping at the mall, eating out and just having fun. We stopped in at Build-A-Bear and decided to make some bears. Pictured above is my "SgtDub" Bear, and he is as precious as the real "SgtDub". My "SgtDub" Bear is even more special because hidden inside his paw is a tiny button that, when pushed plays a message from SgtDub. My message says "everytime you squeeze my paw, I'm sending you a hug and kiss, because I love you!" MissDub's bear is actually a horse, and her message from SgtDub is a bedtime prayer that we have said with her every night, since she was born. One time, I went to pick up my Bear, and I accidently squeezed it's paw. The recording went off, and scared the crap out of me. I love my "SgtDub" Bear, and I will cherish it forever. It's the next best thing to having the real "SgtDub". They're both cute, cuddly and very special! I would recommend a Build-A-Bear to everyone! They make awesome gifts, and the fact that you can record a special message and buy special clothing is just an added bonus. So get out there now and Build-A-Bear for the one you love!

10 comments:

Sandee said...

MrsDub, This is adorable and such a great idea. Cammies, books, dogtags, and a flag. Very clever and so very special.

Linda said...

So that's how you can 'bear' to be without him!

Callie Ann said...

Now that little bear is precious. What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing.

Kila said...

Oh, how adorable (the bear!). Great idea.

Sarge Charlie said...

Hi there Mrs Dub, I stole your bear and other stuff and put it on my post today, stop by and check it out.

Charlie

Sarge Charlie said...

I hope you liked my little effort to say thanks to you and your family for what you do for America.

Sarge Charlie said...

Thanks for stopping by, I have the deepest respect for all of our guys and for what they do for us, Yes Mrs Dub You and your husband are great Americans.

Odat said...

What a great story...Love it..
I' think I'll go get a bear now!!
Peace

Sarge Charlie said...

I did another post about you husband, stop by for a peek.......

Melissa Murphy said...

Me and My Fiance did that a few days before he left for Iraq... Boy am I glad we did that. When I squeeze his paw it says "I will always love you"

I'm going to miss the real voice, but I'm so so so glad I have that recording!