Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Life is Good!

I'm sorry I haven't written in quite sometime, but I've been so busy enjoying my family. I'm happy to report that our air conditioner was replaced after only 7 days of sweltering heat! Our home warranty saved us a little money, but we still had $600 plus of out-of-pocket expenses. Did you know they charge you to dispose of your old unit? I think they haul it down to the recycling center and get the cash. SgtDub's been working his tail off. He's taken on a part-time job during his days off. He is working 8pm to 8am at Farmers Insurance. He gets to sit inside an office, but has to periodically patrol the parking lot. The pay is good, but those are long hours. Good thing it's not me, because I couldn't stay awake that long. He is also working another part-time job from 6am to 6pm on another day off. He really enjoys this job. He gets to sit inside an office there too, and he loves the people who work there (and I think they like him too). He's been working hard around the house. MissDub's bathroom is complete and ready to move in. I say "complete", but I haven't inspected it yet to find the 5% that's unfinished. My birthday was last Friday, and SgtDub and I spent the day sitting up a booth at the Flea Market. WooHoo! What a way to spend your special day. It was great just having Dub there and spending time together. Plus, it helps that he's so strong and can lift all the crap I'm selling. We spent our entire day on Saturday at the flea market and sold about $300. Although we only netted about $75, we were able to consign items for friends and family. They waived the normal $45 booth rental charge, so it was pure profit. I wish it was like that every time. Dub seemed really surprised at the items that sold, and the prices we got for stuff. Who knows, maybe he'll get the flea market bug and will start shopping for treasures with me. Our baby goats are doing great. They're getting really big and growing horns. They are so lovable that you can go out to their pen, and they will come up and get in your lap and let you pet them. Jasper likes to lean his horns against your hand and push as hard as he can. We tried bringing Edward (dad) back into the pen this weekend, but they were less than excited to see him. He was excited to see Bella (mom), but she obviously didn't share his excitement. We decided to put him back inside his own pen. I'm afraid we've kept them separated for too long now, and it will be difficult to reunite them. So, if anyone out there is a goat expert, let me know what to do to get them together. I will encourage Dub to update his post, and let everyone know what he's been up to . . . eat, sleep, work, etc., etc. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there!

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

good to hear from you!

smiles, bee

Wade Huntsinger said...

yes it was nice to hear from both of you guys...I called Dub the other day to stop in and go out to eat but he said yaw already had plans. Maybe next time....Good to hear from you again.

Amazing Gracie said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great birthday, what with your fella home...
It sounds like you folks are super busy. I bet the goats are adorable. My husband wants a pygmy goat if we move out far enough where we can have one.
Keep on keeping on!
~~~Blessings~~~