Friday, December 29, 2006

You'll always be my friend . . . you know too much

I'm almost embarrased to write this blog because I feel very selfish. I just returned from a trip with my 3 best girlfriends. We've been friends for about 8 years now and we've always talked about taking a trip, but just never had the time. With SgtDub being gone, I seem to have alot of time on my hands, and the timing was right for all of us to scurry off and enjoy a quick trip. Our trip began 7 weeks ago, when we visited a little town in southeastern Oklahoma quaintly called "Hochatow" pronounced "Hoocha" town. We stayed at a cabin and visited a whinery called "Girls Gone Wine". The whinery offers packages where you can actually make and bottle your own wine. At the time we took the trip, we didn't realize that we would "have" to return in 7 weeks to bottle the wine (duh!). I guess I just assumed we would make it and take it the same day. So, we made the 4 hour drive, arrived at the cabin, changed into our comfy clothes and watched a chick flick. It started to rain during the night, and it was so relaxing to listen to the rain on the tin roof. Although I'm having a great time with my friends, my heart longs to be enjoying this trip with my family (SgtDub & MissDub), and I hope and pray that we will have the opportunity to take this trip together very soon. SgtDub is so supportive and encourages me to spend time with my friends - I guess he knows just how important their support is to me (especially at this time). Family is the most precious commodity you can own, but friends are certainly at the top of that list as well. I've been through good times and bad with my friends and through it all, we've been there for each other - to laugh, to cry and to just be quiet. I saw a quote the other day that says "A friend knows when to talk, when to listen, when to pour you a glass of wine, and when to shut up and just give you the bottle". To SgtDub, MissDub, NaNa, Papa and our good neighbors, thank you for allowing me 24 hours of quality time with my friends. SgtDub, hurry home, so we can park our rears on the banks of the Glover River and watch the water flow! That's all for now, I'm exhausted from my relaxing trip.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

he's a very smart man if you ask me! smiles..... bee

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

happy annivsary mrs. dub! bee

Sarge Charlie said...

Happy annivsary and happy new year Mrs Dub, can't wait till the Sarge get home, three blogs in one house.

The old sarge

Oh btw Miss Bee and I celebrate 39 years on Jan 2.

Lizza said...

Welcome to the blogworld, MrsDub, and Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

I think spending quality moments with old friends is a great way to pass the time, and your account of your "relaxing but exhausting" trip made me smile.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

now honey, i must tell you something, you have me coming here to see you and you are not entertaining me daily, you see, you blog EVERY DAY! okay? sigh..... happy new year, bee