Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away!


Here are pictures from our front yard this morning. It's been raining for several days now and is expected to continue. Luckily, we are at the top of the hill, but our neighbors are not so lucky. There are two ponds that have gone over the road and broken a dam. We have several neighbors who are stranded. Anyone who left this morning, will probably not be able to return to their home until the water recedes. I had some trouble getting to work today. I drove through several areas on the highway where the water was across the road, and I probably shouldn't have gone across, but I did, and I'm fine. I would have to say that flood waters are my BIGGEST fear. Not sure why, but I have this recurring nightmare that I'm driving at night and I top a hill and discover that the road is gone and there is nothing but water. It freaks me out! Another reason why I shouldn't drive in flood waters is because if I ever get stranded (or worse swept away), then SgtDub would never quit teasing me. If you recall, one of my first posts was about the time he got swept away in flood waters and totalled our new Chevy Pick up. I guess he thought he could make it through too. We're expecting 2 more days of rain, so if Noah is reading this, please send the ark to pick me up tomorrow. Be safe and stay out of the water!

6 comments:

Sandee said...

I have the same fear you do...Being taken away by water. I don't envy you this. Living in California it doesn't rain very much. In fact we are only at 60% now and that isn't good. Mother nature is to be respected.

Hang in there.

MrsDub said...

Maybe I could bring my water and put our your fire!

Sandee said...

That's a great idea. It was 100 degrees here yesterday. My husband and I couldn't believe it.

I told him about Sgt. Dub getting swept away by flood waters and he just shook his head. We both would rather the earthquakes than flood waters and tornadoes. Zane (husband) loved your comment about Noah! He laughed outloud.

Callie Ann said...

that is creepy. I hope you are home now. I hope Miss Dub is with you. Don't forget the saying. T.U.D.D. It stands for
Turn around Don't Drown. Remember a lot of people get hurt that way. Your fear is waranted. So be careful silly girl. Let us know how you are.

Callie Ann said...

Oh man I wish I would read my posts before I post them Dang it

TADD sorry the letters are T.A.D.D. what an idgit I can be.

The Gamin said...

Callie Ann is right. It can be very, dangerous traversing flood waters. We are all praying for the Sgt. and it would be ironic if he comes home safely to an injured (or worse) family.
Love and prayers