Saturday, January 6, 2007

10 Things I Take For Granted




I've been thinking lately about all the things that I miss about SgtDub and all the things I take for granted. I thought perhaps I would do a top 10 list (although there are more than 10 things), this is just a few . . .

10. Fresh air and clean water
9. Sunset and Sunrise
8. My job
7. Being an American (the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave)
6. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
5. A warm bed
4. Foot rubs and back massages
3. Good health
2. The yard work being done
1. MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Now for 10 things I miss about SgtDub (and believe me, there are a whole lot more) . . .

10. Being able to ride in the passenger seat and stare out the window
9. Being able to call his cell phone as often as I want
8. Curling up together on the couch
7. The way he fixes things around the house
6. Holding hands
5. Rolling the trashcans to the end of the driveway (he he)
4. The smell of his cologne
3. The way his mustache tickles my lip (he he)
2. Bedtime prayers
1. EVERYTHING!!

I've decided I need to list some more . . .

11. letting the dogs out to potty in the middle of the night
12. Chocolate milk in the fridge and Cocoa-Puffs in the pantry
13. tripping over his shoes
14. folding his laundry and then complaining when he doesn't put it away
15. Playing "pinch bug" when we see a Volkswagon
16. Being the good guy when MissDub's in trouble
17. Putting my cold feet on his back
18. The way he looks in Wrangler jeans (he he)

I watched the sunset tonight and took this picture to share with you. When was the last time you watched it? Have a good day and be safe!




4 comments:

Miss Dub said...

You also can take my paticence for granted. I can't believe I spent 2 hours uploading your photo of the backyard. But yes people, that's what we get to have a look at every night. And it is bright!

~Miss Dub

Sarge Charlie said...

Mrs Dub, you are becoming a superstar in the blogosphere, I read you post daily. Most of the time you have made me cry but today I just smiled.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

good post honey!

Wade Huntsinger said...

That's a good Top ten list. I called my wife in to look at it as well. Lifting you guys up in prayer to our God who cares for us.